Pegasus is a low-cost Turkish airline based in Istanbul. The company transports cats and dogs in the cabin and the baggage hold on most of its flights.
To book a place for your pet, you should call the Pegasus Call Center at 0 888 228 12 12 as soon as your travel plans have been confirmed.
Please note that the UK, UAE, and Qatar do not allow the transportation of pets in the cabin and the hold, so they can be brought into these countries only as cargo.
Cats and dogs may be transported in the cabin if the total weight of the pet and carrier does not exceed 8 kg. You can also transport a bird in the cabin but only on domestic flights. If you want to take a pet into the cabin with you, you should follow these rules:
· Pets travelling in the cabin must be healthy, calm, clean and odorless;
· Passengers must provide their travel bags or cages, the dimensions of which must not exceed 55 x 40 x 20 cm;
· The carriers must be clean, disinfected and sterilized;
· It must be made of a light material;
· The carrier must have enough space for the animal to stand up to its natural position, lie down and turn around;
· Maximum 2 pets are allowed in one transport bag or cage if they are of the same litter;
· Transportation of pets in the cabin is a chargeable service. The fee for this service is 60 TL per way.
If your pet weighs more than 8 kg (including the carrier), it can be transported in the baggage hold. Pets transported this way are considered medium if they weigh between 8 and 15 kg and large if they weigh more than 15 kg. When you choose the transportation in the hold, consider the following rules:
· Pets travelling in the hold must be healthy, calm, clean and odorless;
· Passengers must provide their carriers, the dimensions of which must not exceed 55 x 40 x 20 cm;
· The cage must be clean, disinfected and sterilized;
· It must have a secure locking system to prevent opening during the flight;
· The cage must have enough space for the animal to stand up to its natural position, lie down and turn around;
· The carrier must be made of strong, rigid material. It must be covered with soft material inside for the safety of the pet;
· It must have proper ventilation on at least 3 sides;
· The staff of the airport may recommend the use of tranquilizers for pets that show any signs of stress or aggressiveness upon check-in;
· The pet must have enough food and nutrition in case of possible delays of the flight;
· Cages that do not comply with the rules below will not be accepted for transportation;
· Transportation of pets in the hold is a chargeable service. The fee for medium pets is 120 TL and for large pets 180 TL per way.
Additional requirements and recommendations for the transportation of pets:
· Pegasus allows transportation of cats, dogs and birds only on domestic flights and cats and dogs on international flights;
· Pegasus does not allow the transportation of wild, predatory dogs and fighting birds. Kangal dogs can be transported on Pegasus flights, but only until they are 6 months old;
· American Pit Bull, American Staffordshire Terrier, Boxer, American Bulldog, Caucasoid, Chow, Doberman, Dogo Argentino, Fila Brasileiro, Japanese Tosa, Mastiff, Napoletano Mastiff, Pit Bull Terrier, Presa Canario and Rottweiler cannot be transported on Pegasus flights;
· Only pets older than 12 weeks can travel with Pegasus. Pregnant animals, young cats and dogs that are dependent on their mother and mothers of young pets are not allowed on Pegasus flights;
· Birds of acceptable species are only allowed in the cabin on domestic flights;
· Transportation of service animals accompanying passengers with visual and hearing impairments for their escort is allowed inside the cabin free of charge, without charging a service fee.
Passengers are responsible for complying with all pet transportation requirements of Pegasus and other airlines they use during the journey. Pegasus reserves the right not to allow pets on board for valid reasons. Always check if your pet is healthy, safe, and clean and if you have all the required documentation. You may be refused your pet’s transportation upon check-in if the requirements are not met.
All pet owners must provide a health certificate, vaccination card, and identification details of traveling pets. Passengers traveling with their pets within the European Union must also have a pet passport. If you travel outside the EU, check the rules for the carriage of pets for non-commercial purposes in your destination country before the journey. For further information, you can visit our website’s “International Travel” section.