Singapore Airlines is Singapore's main airline with a hub in Changi airport. The company allows pets on most of its flights in the baggage or cargo hold of the aircraft. Unfortunately, Singapore Airlines does not accept pets (except guide dogs) in the cabin on any of its flights.
To guarantee a place for a pet, you should contact the reservations department at 44 020 7660 8988 at least 2 weeks before the departure day. While booking, you must tell the agent the type, breed, species, sex, name, age, color, weight and dimensions of your pet, as well as the dimensions of the transport container and the import/export permit numbers (if there are any). Once the reservations department receives this information from you, they will check if there is a place available for your pet and provide you with an exemption and refund to complete.
Please note that each country has its requirements for traveling with animals. Singapore Airlines recommends checking the veterinary conditions and restrictions of the country of origin, transit and destination. It is necessary to prepare all the required documents to avoid problems during the flight to another country.
Pets can be transported as checked baggage in the hold if they are at least 3 months old and their weight does not exceed 32kg (including the transport container). For pet transportation in the hold, the following conditions must be met:
· The pet must be transported in a transport container complying with IATA standards;
· The height of the container or cage must not exceed 56 cm on A330 aircraft, 101 cm on B777 aircraft, 60 cm on A380 aircraft and 76 cm on A350 aircraft;
· The container must fit the animal so it can stand up in its natural position, turn around and lie down;
· It must be leakproof, well-ventilated and securely fastened;
· If you are traveling with more than 1 pet, they must be placed in separate containers;
· Puppies or kittens from the same litter may be carried in the same container if they are 3 months old or older and each pet weighs less than 14 kg. No more than 2 puppies or kittens are allowed in one container;
· There must be food and water containers secured inside the transport container and refillable from the outside;
· Only healthy animals are accepted for air transportation;
· The fee for this service is calculated as checked baggage and varies depending on your pet’s weight and your travel plans.
In accordance with Singapore Airlines regulations, if the combined weight of your pet and its container exceeds 32 kg, your pet will be traveling as cargo. To book your pet in the cargo hold, contact your local Singapore Airlines Cargo office or call 44 208 2832660 before the departure day.
Checklist on your departure day:
· Check-in at least two hours before departure;
· Submit the completed exemption and refund form and provide other required documents at the check-in counters;
· Make sure your pet is healthy and ready to travel;
· Make sure your pet is not hungry or thirsty;
· Place your favorite toy or treat in the container to keep your pet happy;
· Put a label with your pet's name on the outside of the container.
Singapore Airlines restrictions
1. Pets cannot be transported as checked baggage on flights to/from Australia, Brunei, Denpasar, Bali, New Zealand, South Africa, Dubai, Hong Kong, Taipei and the United Kingdom in accordance with the local regulations.
2. Since there is no temperature control in the cargo area, Singapore Airlines cannot accept a pet on all narrow-body aircraft (Airbus 319, 320 and Boeing 737). The company also cannot accept a pet on Boeing 787-10 aircraft, except for flights to Bangkok (BKK), Ho Chi Minh City (SGN), Jakarta (CGK), Kuala Lumpur (KUL) and Surabaya (SUB).
3. The company cannot accept the following dog breeds in the hold:
· Boston Terrier;
· Brussels Griffon
· Chow Chow;
· Dogo Argentino;
· English, French and American Bulldogs;
· Fila Brasileiro;
· Japanese Chin;
· Lhasa Apso;
· Perro de Presa Canario;
· Pit Bull;
· Shih Tzu
· English Toy, King Charles and Tibetan Spaniels;
· Pit Bull Terrier;
It is important to check the pet import rules in your destination country before traveling. You may be required to obtain export or import permits, vaccinate your pet against rabies or other infectious diseases, or provide additional documents. You can visit our website’s “International Travel” section for further information.