Sky Express is a Greek airline based in Athens. The company carries pets in the cabin and the hold of the aircraft on most of its flights.
Passengers are allowed to take their small pets on any Sky Express flight, except for the routes to countries with some pet transportation restrictions. Also, the opportunity to transport your pet in the cabin or the hold depends on the type of aircraft, the weight of the pet, and the size of its carrier. Do not worry if your pet is not acceptable for the cabin. It will be carried safely in the luggage compartment as well.
If you plan to travel with a pet, remember to manage your bookings no later than 24 hours before the flight. You can book your pet online or call the SKY express call center at +30 215 215 6510.
On the day of your journey, you must be at the check-in desk at least one hour before the departure and have your pet's health certificate with you. Before the flight, your pet must be microchipped and vaccinated against rabies. If the pet travels with an authorized person, a license written by the pet owner must be provided.
If your pet (dog or cat) weighs less than 8 kg (including its transport cage), it can be transported in the aircraft cabin. Pets travel in the cabin under the following conditions:
· They must be carried in a suitable animal cage with a maximum size of 55 cm x 40 cm x 20 cm;
· The carrier must have enough space for the animal to stand in a natural position, lie down and turn around;
· The pet must remain in the container during the whole flight;
· The cage must be placed under the seat in front of the pet’s owner;
· Animals must be clean, healthy, harmless, odorless, not pregnant and they must not disturb other passengers;
· The fee for this service is 25 euros per pet on domestic flights and 50 euros on international flights.
If your pet’s weight is more than 8 kg (including its transport cage), it can be transported in the luggage compartment. Pets (dogs and cats) travel in the cabin under the following conditions:
· The maximum weight of an animal in the hold is 25 kg (including the cage). If the animal’s weight exceeds 25 kg, you can transport it with the SKY Express Special Cargo Service;
· The pet must be transported in a crate provided by its owner;
· The maximum dimensions of the crate are 70 cm x 50 cm x 51.1 cm;
· Animals other than dogs and cats cannot travel in the hold on SKY Express flights;
· Pets must be clean, healthy, harmless, odorless and not pregnant;
· The pet’s owner must provide enough food and water for the entire duration of the flight;
· It is not permitted to visit the luggage compartment during the flight;
· The fee for this service is 40 euros per pet.
Transportation of guide dogs
Trained guide dogs for the visually impaired, dogs for passengers with a hearing impairment, or other service dogs trained to assist can be carried in the cabin for free, without a transport cage. Please contact the SKY Express call center to take a guide dog with you.
Guide dogs are only accepted if they are certified by an organization that is a full member of Assistance Dogs International (ADI) or International Guide Dog Federation (IGDF).
SKY Express restrictions
· Only one pet is allowed per person on SKY Express flights. There is also a limit on the number of pets on each flight. Therefore, check availability in advance on the SKY Express website or by calling +7 495 648 93 60;
· Passengers traveling with an infant cannot take a pet in the cabin with them;
· Only cats and dogs that are 12 weeks old or older may travel by air;
· It is not recommended to transport snub-nosed cats and dogs by air. Air travel conditions can cause serious health problems for these breeds.
Snub-nosed breeds of pets
· Boston Terrier;
· Chow Chow;
· Brussels Griffon;
· Japanese Chin;
· English Toy Spaniel;
· Shih Tzu.
· British Shorthair;
· Exotic Shorthair;
· Scottish Fold.
Before booking your flight, do not forget to check the relevant rules governing traveling with animals in your destination country, as well as the general rules for keeping pets. For further information, visit the “International Travel” section of our website.