Requirements for travelling into the Bahamas with pets
If you dream of visiting the Bahamas, but no one can take care of your pet during your holiday, why don’t you bring it with you? The Bahamas is a pet-friendly country with just a few requirements for pet import. Here is the information you need to know before planning your journey:
· You can only bring a dog or a cat with you into the Bahamas;
· All pets must be vaccinated against rabies and have active immunity;
· The pet owner must apply for an import permit and pay a relevant fee of 11.2 dollars per permit. The application must be sent to the Director of Agriculture and include information on the kind of animal, breed, age, sex, and country of origin. Application processing usually takes 2 business days. Only when you get the import permit, you will be allowed to enter the country with a pet. The permit is valid for 1 year;
· After getting a permit, pet owners are given a Veterinarian Form, which has to be filled in and signed by an authorized veterinarian 24 before the flight;
· The pet owner must provide the import permit and the Veterinarian Form to an officer at customs control.
For more details, you can contact the Department of Agriculture of the Bahamas by phone at (242) 397-7450, by fax at (24) 325-3960, or by email at email@example.com.
If you need some information on your airline’s pet transportation policy, you can find it on our website here.