Requirements for travelling to Barbados with pets
Barbados is a pet-friendly country that allows pets from all countries in the world. You can visit it with a pet, as long you obtain an import permit and other important documents. Follow these steps to prepare for the journey to Barbados:
· First, apply for the import permit. It is an obligatory procedure, but it can be easily done online. Visit the website of the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security and send in your application. When the application is approved, you will obtain a permit which will be valid for 6 months;
· The second document required by veterinary officers from Barbados is the export health certificate. You should write to email@example.com and ask for the certificate template. After the template is obtained, visit an official veterinary service in your country. The export health certificate must be completed and signed by an authorized veterinarian in English;
· Check if your cat or dog is already microchipped. The identification of the pet is another important requirement for entry to Barbados;
· All pets entering Barbados must be vaccinated against rabies after the microchip insertion;
· At the airport of arrival, your pet will be examined and checked by the customs officers. Use the service of a customs broker to make this process easier.
Please note, that additional requirements may apply depending on the country you are coming from. For more information, contact the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 535-0220 or 535-0221.
Do not forget to familiarize yourself with the pet transportation requirements of the airline that you choose. You can find further information on our website, in the “Airlines Pet Policy” section.