Requirements for traveling to Luxembourg with pets
Luxembourg is a small country in Europe that borders Belgium, France and Germany. The country has a diverse culture and beautiful landscapes. Luxembourg is also a great destination for a holiday with a pet!
Before booking the tickets, check the pet import rules in Luxembourg. If you come from another EU member state, preparing for the journey with a pet is not difficult. For pets from third countries, Luxembourg requires more documents and veterinary conditions.
Please, familiarize yourself with the following list of current pet import requirements:
· All pets entering Luxembourg must be identified with an ISO-compliant microchip;
· The pet must be vaccinated against rabies if it is 12 weeks old or older. The vaccination must be carried out at least three weeks before the journey;
· The pet owner must obtain a veterinary certificate from a licensed veterinarian in the country of origin. The certificate must include the pet’s personal information (name, breed, sex, colour, microchip number) and the records of valid vaccinations (date of use and the product used);
· If you come from a European country, you do not need a veterinary certificate. Instead, take an EU pet passport with you;
· A rabies titer test may be required if your country is considered a high-risk rabies country (not listed in Annex II of Regulation (EC) No 577/2013). You can find the complete list of third countries here.
Please note that the number of pets brought to Luxembourg is limited. It is allowed to take a maximum of 5 pets per person. The exception is the journeys to participate in competitions, sporting events, and exhibitions and preparations for them.
Pets that do not meet the requirements above will be refused entry.
Remember to check the pet transportation requirements of the airline you choose. For further information, visit our website’s “Airlines Pet Policy” section.