Requirements for traveling to Madagascar with pets
Madagascar is an island country situated in Africa. Visiting this country with a pet is possible if you meet all the pet import requirements.
To go on a trip to Madagascar, follow the steps below:
· Firstly, your pet must be identified with an ISO-compliant microchip;
· Secondly, all pets entering Madagascar must be vaccinated against rabies. The rabies titer test is NOT required in this country;
· You must obtain an import permit from the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Development. For further information, please contact the Ministry by email at firstname.lastname@example.org;
· A health certificate must be provided as well. The certificate is obtained from a licensed veterinarian in the origin country and must include information about the pet’s state of health and valid vaccinations;
· Tourists with pets must enter the country through Ivato International Airport in Antananarivo.
When traveling with pets, remember to check the pet transport requirements of the airline you choose. You can find more information in our website’s “Airlines Pet Policy” section.