Requirements for traveling to the Maldives with pets
The Maldives is a beautiful tropical country situated in the Indian Ocean. The country is famous for its clean sandy beaches and stunning landscapes. If you are looking for a place to spend your next holiday, the Maldives is perfect! However, tourists can travel to the Maldives only with a cat. Dogs are prohibited in this country.
You must follow the country’s animal import policy to bring a cat on holiday with you:
· It is recommended that your cat is identified with an ISO-compliant microchip. However, it is not essential;
· Your cat must be vaccinated against rabies between 30 days and 12 months before the journey;
· You should obtain a veterinary certificate completed and issued by a licensed veterinarian of the origin country. The certificate confirms that the cat is healthy and has no signs of infectious diseases. You can find a template here;
· Cats must also be treated for intestinal and external parasites;
· You must enter the Maldives via Male International Airport. Upon arrival, your cat will be examined by a veterinary officer.
When you travel with a pet, always remember to check the pet transport requirements of the airline you choose. You can find more information in our website’s “Airlines Pet Policy” section.