Requirements for travelling to the Philippines with pets
When travelling to the Philippines with a pet (dog or cat), it is important to follow the country's basic veterinary requirements. To be eligible for entry, your pet must be in good health and have all required vaccinations and documentation.
Requirements for bringing pets into the Philippines:
• An import permit obtained from the Bureau of Animal Industry of the Philippines (BAI). You can apply for an import permit on the website. Consideration of the application usually takes 1-2 working days, then the import permit is valid for 2 months;
• Pet identification provided as a microchip compatible with ISO devices. It is forbidden to import pets without the required identification;
• A veterinary certificate with information about all vaccinations of the pet, obtained from a licensed veterinarian in the country of export;
• All dogs must be vaccinated against rabies, canine distemper, infectious hepatitis, leptospirosis, parvovirus and parainfluenza;
• All cats should be vaccinated against rabies, feline herpesvirus, feline calicivirus, feline panleukopenia and feline leukemia.
If the above conditions are not met, the animals will be denied entry and sent to the country of export. All costs for the implementation of sanctions measures will be paid by the owner of the pet.
If you still have questions about importation of pets into the Philippines, you can contact the Bureau of Animal Industry (BAI):
1. Phone number: +632 9282743 or 9282836;
2. Fax number: +632 9270031 or 9266866;