Requirements for travelling to Venezuela with pets
Venezuela is a wonderful, sunny country in South America. It is a perfect place for a holiday that you also can visit with your pet!
When you prepare for your vacation with a pet, consider the following requirements:
· Dogs and cats entering Venezuela must be microchipped. For pets from the European Union and the UK, a 12 to 15-digit identification microchip is required. If your pet is not microchipped, you should provide a pet passport and its copy for identification;
· Your pet must be vaccinated against rabies. You have to provide an original and a copy of a valid rabies vaccination certificate, with a validity of no more than one year;
· You must obtain an international health certificate (and its copy) stating that the pet is ready for the journey and has no signs of any contagious infectious disease. The health certificate is valid for 1 month;
· You must also provide a valid vaccination certificate and its copy, completed and signed by an authorized veterinarian or competent authorities of the country of export. This certificate must include records about valid vaccinations of the pet, such as the name of the vaccine and the date of its introduction;
· In addition to rabies vaccination, dogs must have vaccinations against Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Parvovirus, and Parainfluenza. Cats must have vaccinations against Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus, and Pneumonitis;
· Pets must be treated for internal and external parasites. You must also provide a certificate that contains complete information about the product used for parasite treatment and the date of its application. The certificate is valid for 3 months.
If you want to travel with an animal that is different from dogs and cats, you have to request an import from the Integral Agricultural Health Institute and a permit from the Ministry of the Environment of Venezuela.
Do not forget to familiarize yourself with the pet transportation requirements of the airline that you choose. You can find further information on our website, in the “Airlines Pet Policy” section.