Requirements for travelling to Vietnam with pets
To spend a holiday in Vietnam with your pet, you do not need to collect many documents or spend a lot of time in a veterinary clinic. However, without meeting the basic pet import requirements, your pet will not be allowed to enter the country.
To bring pets into Vietnam, you must meet the following conditions:
• The pet must be vaccinated against rabies at least 30 days before departure, but no more than a year before travel;
• The presence of a microchip is NOT required to enter Vietnam;
• The owner must provide the Pet Inoculation Record that will contain data on vaccination against rabies and other vaccinations of the pet;
• A veterinary certificate completed by an authorized veterinarian in your country is required. The certificate must be completed based on the results of a clinical examination, and it confirms that the animal is completely healthy, has no signs of infectious diseases or parasites;
• Upon arrival, your pet will be screened at the airport and, if all requirements are met, allowed to enter the country. Pet quarantine is not required in Vietnam.
It is recommended that your pet has the following preventive vaccinations at the time of travel:
• dogs – against Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Parvovirus, and Para Influenza;
• cats – against Distemper, Viral Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus, and Leukemia.